Changes in the Google Algorithm always alarm business owners not just in Pennsylvania, but around the entire United States and the world. Every update poses the possibility that a well positioned website will fall of the first page of the search engines. When this happens, the company that owns that website stands to lose a lot of revenue. Consider the fact that top ranking websites tend to generate valuable leads for Pennsylvania business owners and if a website is penalized or impacted by an algorithm change, it falls in the search rankings causing the steady stream of leads into the business to substantial decrease or even completely stop.
Many technically savvy business owners understand how SEO helps their business. For the readers that want to learn a little bit more about SEO, this page discusses a few search engine optimization tips for website owners to be aware of so they can safeguard their page from Google updates. So, without further ado, let`s get down to business and talk about basic search engine optimization techniques.
If you don’t have the time or inclination to learn SEO tips and techniques, feel free to contact us for a free consultation to implement a online marketing campaign for your business. Call (610) 471-0001.
- Content has always been and will always be King! Most search engine optimization training courses talk about back links to the website. And many of the older, outdated courses stress that the quantity of links is crucial for search engine optimization. The game has changed today. It does not really matter how many links are coming back into your website. It is the usefulness of the content on the website that counts. At anytime, those back links may be deleted. Additionally, when the focus is placed on quantity, the quality of those links tend to be very spammy – something that Google hates! Conversely, if you focus on providing solid, relevant, quality articles that readers appreciate, then it is highly likely that your page shall stay visible. This is partly due to reader engagement, natural social sharing, reduced bounce rates and other similar metrics.
- Empower your target audience. Share information that they shall find beneficial. Search engines will eventually see this. You know that Google gives rewards to sites with quality links. If yours is recognized as among those that netizens love, then you get to protect it from to any changes in the search algorithm that they execute.
- Use keyword research tool. An efficient SEO campaign does not go to battle unarmed. Before you devise plans how you can push your website up the rankings, look into the keywords you are using first. Did you choose them because they speak of the business you are involved in? Say you decided to focus on the word “books” as you are selling books. Try to actually type this in the search box and Google shall reveal a billion results. Of course, the well-known sites such as Amazon will top the search results due to their authority ans status. Using a combination of words to build a keyword phrase is a much better approach. This classification of keywords is known as long tail keywords. Many search engine optimization tutorials and courses will highly encourage you to start ranking websites by utilizing these long tail keywords. that is because long tail keywords have less competition and ranking a website with these types of keywords is much easier. Interestingly, it is our experience that long tail keywords convert at a higher rate. Tools like the Google Keyword Planner are helpful in identifying such phrases. Also, focusing on your local market is an excellent way to get meaningful traffic to your website. In fact, we specialize in local search engine optimization.
- Blog. Blogging is a great way to build your brand, gain followers and to be able to spread the word about your business. Blogging also helps to build links back to your website in a very natural manner. Companies that commit to blogging find that they solidify their reputation as an industry expert by sharing their knowledge to readers.
- Maximize social media. Several prominent websites today are community-oriented. They gain power from their huge number of subscribers or members. Take for instance social networking sites Facebook and Twitter. Everyday, the sheer volume of content and information exchange that takes place on these platforms is staggering. We are strong advocates of incorporating social media into your overall search engine optimization techniques. Social media and search engine optimization are related so close to each other that they are sometimes mistaken as one. Truth is these are two different giants that when understood and used wisely can present tons of benefits to site owners. Strong presence in social networking sites, bear in mind, is essential to keeping your site relevant. Create social networking accounts and take time to update them. Let people know that you exist and strive to forge connections with them using social media. Ask for topics they want you to write about. Respond to comments. Announce that you have just uploaded a new article on your site. For local search engine optimization, be sure to post announcements of all your business offerings, including sales and promotions, to encourage your customers to visit your establishment. When done on social platforms, these types of announcements have the capability of spreading viral within your local community.
- Keep learning. It has been said over again that mastering search engine optimization is a skill. And it takes time learning, obtaining SEO tutorials, training and good old fashioned trial and error. SEO requires patience and passion to understand or at least familiarize yourself with each of these disciplines. Add to that, Google is ultra secretive on how they really rank sites. It is then an Search Engine Optimization Specialist’s responsibility to keep himself abreast with the latest developments in online marketing and the best search engine optimization techniques that are working today. Communicate with your fellow SEO colleagues. Join forums. The influx of insight from people of different backgrounds and principles shall help broaden your knowledge how SEO works.
Finally, keep your love of your craft alive. Take a step back when you feel as though your SEO responsibilities are becoming a drag. Do not let interest in what you do wane. Give your mind time to unplug, once in a while and embrace the challenges of SEO. We make sure that our staff of SEO professionals at PennsylvaniaSEO.org work extremely hard on their SEO projects, however, we always take breaks to recharge and unplug! In this business, that is imperative to avoid burnout!